StatCounter

Thursday 1 March 2018

Reddit co-founder backs petition for interracial couple emojis per BBC News

This BBC report http://www.bbc.com/news/newsbeat-43224947 has got my goat.

'Reddit co-founder Alexis Ohanian wants emojis for interracial couples.

The tech boss and husband of tennis champion Serena Williams is backing Tinder's petition to Unicode to introduce a wider range of emojis for couples.

Currently only the original yellow skin tone is available for the 34 emojis for relationships and families.

"We want our kids to have emojis that look like their parents," Alexis is reported to have said."

[Emoji] are the universal language of the internet and should reflect the modern world where interracial relationships are normal."'

I'm not yellow, neither is my wife, our skin tones are somewhat different too. I do rarely use emojis, but I do on occasions and I have never once thought 'oh my, the emoji I just used didn't have my skin colour, I'm not yellow'.

Get a bloody grip people. Stop finding prejudice, discrimination and problems where there isn't any. Snowflakes, pah!

Also doesn't this colour categorisation of people remind you of South African apartheid rules?

No comments: