StatCounter

Wednesday 21 June 2017

Physically attacked at SOAS after anti-Israel event with Roger Waters per Richard Millett's Blog

Richard Millett is someone that I have admired the courage of ever since I became acquainted with his work. So I was sad to read this piece https://richardmillett.wordpress.com/2017/06/20/physically-attacked-at-soas-after-anti-israel-event-with-roger-waters/ today.

'It's with great sadness I have to write this piece. Having attended hundreds of anti-Israel events throughout London and beyond for 10 years I have never been hit. I have been threatened repeatedly but never thought someone would follow through. Last night that changed at SOAS, where I'm also an alumnus.'

I can't say that I'm surprised that Richard Millett was hit by an anti Israel individual, most of that type that I have encountered have not been adverse to at least threatening violence against supporters of Israel.

No comments: