StatCounter

Monday 17 September 2012

Jeremy Bowen responds, as do I

Subsequent to this post from this morning I thought I should bring you up to date. I have complained to the BBC and await their response, bearing in mind Jeremy Bowen's previous record of having some accusations of bias against Israel being upheld by the BBC Trust I am looking to take this one all the way.


So the BBC's Middle East Editor did know that he was holding a Q&A on Rosh Hashonah, one of the holiest days in the Jewish calendar when most even moderately religious Jews will be in synagogue not online, but thought that was fine because 'it doesn't stop quite a few Jews using social media!'. Well that's OK, isn't it?

If you think that I am being over-sensitive and that the chosen date doesn't matter or is a coincidence then ask yourself if you think that Jeremy Bowen would have held a similar exercise during Ramadan?





2 comments:

Davieboy said...

Thank you NaS, please go get him! Shana Tova, thanks for all your great work.

Daphne Anson said...

Isn't it remarkable how the BBC bends over backwards to accommodate and fail to offend every minority group under the sun yet allows Bowen to thumb his nose at Jews and exclude them in this manner?
I really think that the Corporation should be inundated with complaints.
btw, I blogged about this too, referring to your exchange with Bowen.