StatCounter

Thursday 10 January 2008

So that's how Tony & Cherie knew they could afford the mortgage repayments

Oh what a surprise, Tony Blair "has taken a part-time post with US investment bank JP Morgan.
Mr Blair, who stood down as UK prime minister in June last year, has been employed "in a senior advisory capacity", the bank said. He said he looked forward to advising the bank on the "political and economic changes that globalisation brings". It is not known how much JP Morgan will pay him, but some estimates say more than $1m (£500,000) a year. The bank said he had a "unique perspective"."

Unique perspective, that just about sums it up.


"Mr Blair earlier told the Financial Times he planned to take up "a small handful" of similar roles with other companies in different sectors. "I have always been interested in commerce and the impact of globalisation. "

I think that translates as "I want to earn lots of money".


"In October, Mr Blair was publicly backed by French President Nicolas Sarkozy for the job of president of the European Council - dubbed "president of Europe" - a role which will be created under the terms of the new EU reform treaty."

I have always believed that was the plan, to quit as Prime Minister and then in time become the first President of Europe; just the job for a strutting popinjay such as Tony Blair. Can you imagine Cherie as the Empress of Europe? My stomach turns at the prospect.


Completely coincidentally in 2003 the New York Times reported that "J. P. Morgan Chase has been selected to operate a bank the United States is creating in Iraq to manage billions of dollars to finance imports and exports. J. P. Morgan will lead a group that includes 13 banks representing 13 countries to run the bank for three years, said Peter McPherson, the top United States economic adviser in Iraq."

2 comments:

Trubes said...

What are A.L.Blair`s qualifications to serve on the board of J.P.Morgan in an advisory capacity ? Zilch, I suspect !
Talk about "Jobs for the Boys" !
I`m so glad that I don`t have any Financial ties to that establishment. The thought of the greedy, grasping, vainglorious man and his vile wife, profiteering from my hard earned cash would send me into a deep "Fit of Pique", never to recover.

BTW This is my first visit to your Blog Mr Sheep and I like what I read. You are now on my Favourites List. Well done !

Anonymous said...

.... and from the BBC
Northern Rock has agreed to sell £2.2bn, or 2%, of its mortgage assets to US investment bank JP Morgan
Coincidence of course